Medicine Overview of Abalam
Uses of Abalam Tablet
Abalam 600mg/300mg is a antiretroviral combination treatment is indicated for the infection which caused by Human immunodeficiency virus in adults and adolescents and children at least 25kg.
Side effects of Abalam Tablet
Call your doctor immediately, if you feel any signs of an allergic reaction from these side effects groups, stop using of abalam; group 1 – fever; group 2 - rash, group3 - nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain; group 4 – general ill feeling, extreme tiredness, body aches; group 5 – shortness of breath, cough, sore throat.
Serious side effects of abalam 600mg/300mg
Upper stomach pain
Early symptoms of lactic acidosis such as: myalagia, numb and cold feeling in your arms and legs, fast heartrate, dizziness or feeling very weak or tried.
How to use Abalam Tablet
The recommended dose of Abalam have fixed dose combination of abacavir 600mg and lamivudine300mg
Adult dose for HIV infection
Abalam used in combination with other antiretroviral agents to the infection of HIV-1.
One tablet taken orally, once a day administer without food.
Adult dose for non occupational and occupational exposure:
One tablet orally once in a day without regard to food for 28 days duration.
Pediatric dose for HIV infections
Patients weighing at least 25 kg administrated one tablet of Abalam 600mg/300mg taken orally once a day. Monitor the ability of swallow tablets in childerns before using the tablets.
Overdose: Abalam has no Specific therapy for overdose with lamivudine and Abacavir. If it occurs, monitor the patients and provide supportive treatment as required.
How to Abalam Tablet works:
Abacavir and lamivudine are nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors NRTIs, which are potent to selective inhibitors of HIV-1 and HIV-2 (LAV2 and EHO) multiplication. Abalam containing abacavir 600mg and lamivudine 300mg are metabolised basically by intracellular kinases to the respective 5'-triphosphate (TP) which form the active component.
Abalam 600mg/300mg used as substrates for and competitive inhibitors of HIV reverse transcriptase (RT). However, their initial antiviral action via fusion of the monophosphate form into the viral DNA chain,may resulting in chain termination. Abalam 600/300mg triphosphates show automatically less affinity for host cell DNA polymerases.
Absorption : Rapidly and well absorped from GI tract. Bioavailabilty of abacavir and lamivudine are 83% and 80-85%. The time of peak plasma concentration for abacavir and lamivudine are 1.5 hours and 1.0 hours.
Distribution: human plasma protein bounding of abacavir is -49% and lamivudine is <36%.
Metabolism: Abacavir is metabolized by the liver with approx 2% of dose administratedand really eliminated where as lamivudine metabolism is a minor route of excretion and renal excretion of unchanged lamivudine.
Elimination : Abacavir excreted via urine 83% and remaining drug eliminated via feces and terminal elimination of half life is 1.5hours
Lamivudine elimination is affected by renal dysfunction and half life is 5 to 7 hours.
In Depth Information on Abalam Tablet:
Expert Advice for Abalam Tablets
- Inform your health care provisional that if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in abacavir& lamivudine tablets. Check the Medication Guide for a list of the ingredients.
- Inform your health care provisional which are using previous other prescription and nonprescription regimens; vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products which are going to use / planning foradministrating the drug.. Be sure to mention any of the following: atovaquone,Emtricitabine, ganciclovir (Cytovene), interferon alpha, medications for cancer, methadone , nelfinavir (Viracept), and valproic acid (Depakene). Your doctor require to change the drug doses .
- Inform your health care provisional about the if you the habits of smoke or drink alcohol,
- if you either have any of the conditions mentioned in the IMPORTANT WARNING section; hypertension; hyperlipidimea; diabetes; or cardiac or renal disease.
- Inform your health care provisional that are you pregnant/plan to become pregnant/ breastfeeding. If you become pregnant while taking abacavir / lamivudine, call your doctor. Do not breastfeed while taking abacavir & lamivudine or infected by HIV infection
- you must be aware that your body fat deposition may increase and may notice a removal of body fat from your face, legs, and arms.
Special Warnings of Abalam Tablets
Some patients only clinically relevant about alcohol and Abalam drug intreraction but taking abacavir may lead to minor cause of interaction.
In animal studies with lamivudine will increase in early embryonic death defects in rabbits but not in rat. In pregnant women in all trimesters show no malformative and feto/neonatal effects. Use of Abalam 600mg/300mg has no data found, Hence malformative risk is unlikely in humans depends on those data.
In order to avoid HIV transmission to new born babies under any circumstances is recommended that mother do not breast feed their infants. there are no data available for safety of Abalam 600mg/300mg when administrated to < 3mnths old babies.
Abalam 600mg/300mg drug will not affect the driving ability.
Abalam 600mg/ 300mg tablet must be used with caution while on treatment for kidney disease. Dose adjustment is necessary. Please consult with the doctor for further details.
Abalam 600mg/ 300mg tablet must be used with caution while on treatment for liver disease. Dose adjustment is necessary. In moderate and severe liver disease, the abalam is not recommended to use. Please consult with the doctor for further details
As soon as you remember take the missed dose. If time for next dose then skips the missed dose and follow the routine scheduled. Do not take more than one tablet per day. Please consult your doctor for changes in dose or new schedule for replace of missed dose.
Amazing Review by Millionpharma
Write Your Own Review
Brand Name : <--------------------> Abalam
Category : <--------------------> HIV Drugs
Sub Category :<--------------------> Abacavir And Lamivudine
Company Name :<--------------------> Hetero healthcare Ltd
Ingeridents(Generic Name) :<--------------------> Abacavir And Lamivudine
Tablets :<--------------------> 30 TABLETS
Package :<--------------------> 1X30
Strength :<--------------------> 600mg + 300mg