Medicine Overview of Zepdon
Uses of Zepdon Tablet
Zepdon 400mg in a class of medication called HIV integrase inhibitors
Zepdon 400mg along with other medication is indicated for the treatment of human immune deficiency virus (HIV) infection.
By using these medication along with safer sex and making changes in other life- style may reduces the risk of spreading the HIV virus to other person.
Side effects of Zepdon Tablet
SIDE EFFECTS OF ZEPDON TABLET
Zepdon 400mg will cause side effects such as
Common side effects:
Some serious side effect also caused by Zepdon 400mg
Dark colored urine
Yellowing of the skin or eyes
Lack of energy
How to use Zepdon Tablet
General dose: Zepdon 400mg tablet have in film coated type and chewable type tablet
Max dose of 300mg twice daily.
Zepdon is a chewable tablets may be chewed or swallowed whole. If film- coated tablets must be swallowed whole.
Do not substitute chewable tablet for the 400mg film coated tablet.
When combination with rifampin, the dose is 800mg twice daily
Both film coated and chewable are administrated with or without food.
For adult patients:
Zepdon tablet is used to treat HIV-1 infection patients. The recommended dose is 400mg film coated tablet twice daily administrated orally.
For pediatric patients
The recommended dose for treatment of HIV-1 infection as follow:
12yrs of age and older: one tablet of 400mg fim coated tablet BD orally
6 to < 12yrs: If patients weighing of atleast 25kg, dose is one tablet of 400mg BD orally
If patient weighing < 25kg then chewable tablet max dose 300mg BD
2 to < 6 yrs: If patients weighing atleast 10kg then dose is 300mg BD orally.
How to Zepdon Tablet works:
Zepdon prevents the catalytic function of HIV-1 integrase,
An HIV-1 encoded enzyme which needed for viral multiplication. Inhibition of integrase interferes with the covalent insertion.
The provirus is necessary to direct the production of progeny virus, so blocks integration prevents propagation of the viral infection.
Zepdon including DNA polymerases α, β, and γ. I will not automatically prevents human phosphoryltransferases
Absorption: absorbed from GI tract. Peak plasma concentration of Zepdon is 3 hrs post dose, bioavailability is not established
Effect of food: Zepdon is effective when administrated with or without food.
Distribution :zepdon has 83% bound to human plasma
Metabolism : Zepdon is metabolized in liver (UGT1A1)
Excretions eliminated via feces of 51% and urine of 32%.
The half life is 9 hours
In Depth Information on Zepdon Tablet:
Expert Advice for Zepdon Tablets
- Inform your health care provisional that if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in raltegravir tablets. Check the Medication Guide for a list of the ingredients.
- Inform your health care provisional which are using previous other prescription and nonprescription regimens; vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products which are going to use / planning foradministrating the drug.. Be sure to mention any of the following: atovaquone,Emtricitabine, ganciclovir (Cytovene), interferon alpha, medications for cancer, methadone , nelfinavir (Viracept), and valproic acid (Depakene). Your doctor require to change the drug doses .
- Inform your health care provisional about being treated with dialysis.if you either have any of the conditions mentioned in the important warning section; hypertension; hyperlipidimea; diabetes; or cardiac or renal disease.
- Inform your health care provisional that are you pregnant/plan to become pregnant/ breastfeeding. If you become pregnant while taking abacavir, lamivudine, call your doctor. Do not breastfeed while taking abacavir & lamivudine or infected by HIV infection
- Persons should known that While taking HIV infection medication, the immune system get stronger to fight against other infection in your body.It develop new or worsening symptom during the treatment
Special Warnings of Zepdon Tablets
Alcohol interaction with Zepdon 400mg is not known. Please consult with your doctor.
Zepdon 400mg has pregnancy category C no sufficient and well- tolerated studies of this drug in pregnant women. Zepdon should not be used during pregnancy only If possible benefit justifies the possible risk to the fetus.
While on treatment with Raltegravir breast feeding is not recommended. Its necessary mother breast feeding their infants to avoid risk of transmission.
Zepdon 400mg has side effects of dizzy, sleepy, tried or reduce alertness. So avoid driving unless you feeling well.
Patients with kidney problem are probably safe to use. Limited data available with Zepdon 400mg of dose adjustment may not be necessary. Please consult the doctor.
Patients with severe liver disease can be used with caution. Dosage adjustment is needed. In patients with mild to moderate liver disease has no dosage adjustment is needed. Please consult with the doctor.
As soon as you remember take the missed dose. If time for next dose then skips the missed dose and follow the routine scheduled. Do not take more than one tablet per day. Please consult your doctor for changes in dose or new schedule for replace of missed dose.
Amazing Review by Millionpharma
Write Your Own Review
Brand Name : <--------------------> Zepdon
Category : <--------------------> HIV Drugs
Sub Category :<--------------------> Raltegravir
Company Name :<--------------------> Cipla Ltd
Ingeridents(Generic Name) :<--------------------> Raltegravir
Tablets :<--------------------> 60 tablets
Package :<--------------------> 1X60
Strength :<--------------------> 400mg