Medicine Overview of Tenvir
Uses of Tenvir Tablet
Tenvir 300mg in adult and children 12yrs and >12yrs is used with the combination of other antiretroviral agent to treat HIV-1 infection.
In adult Tenvir 300mg is indicated for treatment of chronic hepatitis B and decompensated liver diseases .
Side effects of Tenvir Tablet
- Signs of allergic reaction
Hives, Dyspnea, Swelling of (face,lips,throat,tongue)
- Severe hepatomegaly with steatosis
- Chest pain
- Cold sore
- Fast heart rate
- Lumbar pain
Mild nausea, stomach ache, insomnia, itching and rashes,
Change in body shape (fat)
How to use Tenvir Tablet
- In adult 12yrs and older:300mg
If patient not able to shallow take oral powder formulation of 7.5 scoops
- In pediatric 2yrs and < 12yrs : 8 mg recommended dose.
If patient not able to shallow take oral powder formulation is 1 level scoop=1 g powder contains 40mg of Tenvir disoporxil.
- ≥ 17kg Tenvir dos available in different strengths 150, 200, 250 and 300mg.
- One tablet of Tenvir 300mg ,Once daily without food, taken orally.
OVERDOSAGE: Tenvir 300mg no severe adverse reaction for effect of higher dose and treatment provide of general supportive measures involves monitoring of evidence of toxicity and patients clinical status observation.
How to Tenvir Tablet works:
When HIV attack a patient cell, then the cell will be under control of HIV virus, then the virus develop multiple copies in the cell. For this process the virus requires an enzyme. When the activity of those enzymes is decreases the reproduction of HIV slows down.
Tenvir is a antiviral classification of group of HIV drugs called nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs). These inhibitor stops the action of an HIV enzyme known as reverse transcriptase, in which the protein (enzyme) increases the speed of a chemical reaction. NRTIs interferes HIV from replication and decrease the amount of HIV in the body by blocking reverse transcriptase.
ABSORPTION: Tenvir is fastly absorbed from GI tract, bioavailability (25%) increases with high fat meal. The duration of peak plasma concentration of Tenvir is 1-2hrs.
DISTRIBUTION: Tenvir 300mg binding of human Plasma protein of >1% and it is widely spreader into body tissue especially in kidney and liver ( volume of distribution is 1.2-1.3L/kg).
METABOLISM: Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate is changed into Tenvir through hydrolysis and to form active Tenvir diphosphate by cellular enzyme through phosphorylation.
ELIMINATION: By active tubular secretion and glomerular Tenvir excreted through urine. Half life is 18hr.
In Depth Information on Tenvir Tablet:
Expert Advice for Tenvir Tablets
- Patient with hepatomegaly or other severe factors for liver problem. Renal impairment. Pregnant women
- Patient Counselling Tenvir may cause dizziness, do not drive or operate machinery.
- Renal function and serum phosphate concentrations prior to therapy, 4 wkly in 1st wk, and then 3 mthly; hepatic function for several month following discontinuation.
- Determine HIV condition in all hepatitis B virus (HBV) infected patients before treatment.
- Allergy to Tenvir or any other drug. Discuss with doctor about allergic to any drugs pirorily. Such as rash; hives; itching; Dyspnea; wheezing; cough; swelling of (face, lips, tongue, or throat); or any other signs.
- If you had kidney or liver disease and taking colchicines then inform your doctor, he may stop the Tenvir drug.
- Inform your doctor that you are pregnant or plan for pregnancy or breast feeding, while you infected with HIV or taking Tenvir tablet avoid breast feed..
Special Warnings of Tenvir Tablets
Alcohol interaction with Tenvir 300mg is unknown. Please consult the doctor.
Category B : Animal studies have shown an adverse effect in fetus, so sufficient and well-developed studies in pregnant women have failed give detail about arisk to the fetus in all trimester
Tenvir 300mg is preferably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited information on the risk for the baby.Please consult with doctor.
Due to the side effects of the drug Tenvir 300MG having dizzy, sleepy, tried or decreased alertness caution is advice while driving. Avoid driving unless you feeling well.
Tenvir 300mg should be used with the caution with the patient having kidney disease, dosage adjustment is necessary. Please consult with doctor.
The patients with either mild or moderate liver disease are preferably safe to use. Limited data available for the patient with severe hepatic disease. Please consult with the doctor.
If you forget to take a dose , wait and take your next dose at the normal time otherwise take it as soon as you can and take your next dose at the normal time. Avoid taking extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Amazing Review by Millionpharma
Write Your Own Review
Brand Name : <--------------------> Tenvir
Category : <--------------------> HIV Drugs
Sub Category :<--------------------> Tenofovir
Company Name :<--------------------> Cipla Ltd
Ingeridents(Generic Name) :<--------------------> Tenofovir
Tablets :<--------------------> 30 TABLETS
Package :<--------------------> 1X30
Strength :<--------------------> 300mg