Medicine Overview of Votrient-200mg
Votrient (pazopanib) is a type of protein kinase inhibitors. It is also indicated for the treatment of advanced kidney cancer and soft tissue sarcoma.
Votrient 200MG is an antineoplastics medications which interfere with the development and spreadness of cancer cells in the body.
Uses of Votrient-200mg
Votrient 200MG is used as a single agent to treat the renel cell carcinoma and its advanced stage It works by preventing the activity of proteins which are interferes with the growth and spread of cancer cells.
Votrient 200mg is also used as a single regimen to treat the Soft Tissue Sarcoma, (a type of cancer that occurs in the supportive tissue of the body). The cancer can develop in muscles, blood vessels, fat tissue or in other tissues that support, surround and protect organs.
Side effects of Votrient-200mg
Votrient 200mg has certain side effects, If any of the symptoms occrs or not cured then call the doctor immediately
Major side effects: Diarrhae; High blood pressure; low WBC; Elevated liver function test; Blood test abnorm200mgalities; increased in bilirubin levels.
Common Side effects: Nausea; loss of appetite; fatigue; blood test abnormalities (low magnesium, low glucose); weakness, stomach ache.
How to use Votrient-200mg
- Votrient 200mg dosage for renal cell carcinoma and soft tissue sarcoma (cancer in joints, muscle) will be initially 800mg , the dose adjustment in 200mg increments or decrements dose based on tolerance but max dose in adult is 800mg/day.
- Moderate total bilirubin >1.5 to 3 times, Votrient dose of 200mg once daily.
- Votrient 200mg should be taken on a empty stomach (1hr before or 2hr after meals.
- Swallow the medicine whole don’t chew/crush.
- Food interaction :Avoid grapefruit juice or grapefruit juice.
- OVERDOSAGE: votrient doses upto 2000mg can be administrated and It is evaluated in clinical trials and treatment of overdose with votrient should consist of supportive measures and there is no specific antidote.
How to Votrient-200mg works
Votrient 200mg is an potent protein kinase inhibitor and selective multiple receptor tyrosine kinases (RTKs) that are described in beginning of signal transduction pathways that ready for reproduction of cancer cells and affect processes critical to cell survival and tumur progression. RTKs comes in the blockage and involves the receptors for vascular endothelial growth factors (VEGFR-1, -2, and -3), platelet-derived growth factors (PDGFR-α and -β), and stem cell factor.
Absorption: Pazopanib 200mg partially absorbed from the GI tract. And votrient with food has greater absorption Bioavailability is 14-39%. Time of peak plasma concentration: 2-4 hr.
Distribution: Human Plasma binding of pazopanib 200mg is >99%.
Metabolism: Mainly in the liver pazopanib 200mg metabolized by CYP3A4 enzyme and to a lesser extent by CYP1A2 and CYP2C8 enzymes.
Elimination: pazopanib primarily excreted through faeces approx 82%, 67% as unchanged drug and urine (<4%)with renal elimination.
Terminal Elimination half-life: Approx 31 hr.
In Depth Information on Votrient-200mg
Expert Advice for Votrient-200mg
Consult the doctor before to the treatment of Votrient 200mg tablets about:
- Allgeric to pazopanib or any other drug products of pazopanib, which include in prescription, over the counters,vitamins,herbal remedies.
- Do not take immunization or vaccination without doctors advice.
- Inform your doctor about pregnancy and planning to pregnant.
- Do not breast feed while treatment with Votrient 200mg
Special Warnings of Votrient-200mg
Alcohol interaction with Votrient 200mg is not known. please consult the doctor
Category D: Votrient 200mg show positive in human fetal effects, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable against the risk .
Votrient 200mg usage is not recommended in pregnant women and the expert advice to either discontinue breastfeeding or the drug, in order to give importance of drug to the mother. Excretion into human milk and effects in the newborn baby is unknown
While taking Votrient 200mg dizziness occurs, It will affect the ability of driving. Avoid driving unless you feeling well.
When patients with mild ,moderate kidney disease no adjustment recommended. Patients with severe kidney problem or ESRD use with caution is recommended.
Votrient 200mg has no dosage adjustment is necessary in mild or severe hepatic impairment. Caution recommended in moderate liver disease in patients.
If you missed a dose take it as soon as possible, if time reach for next dose, then skip missed dose and continue regular schedule. Do not take extra or 2 dose at a time. Please consult with the doctor.
Amazing Review by Millionpharma
Write Your Own Review
Brand Name : <--------------------> Votrient-200mg
Category : <--------------------> Anti-Cancer Drugs
Sub Category :<--------------------> Pazopanib
Company Name :<--------------------> Novartus
Ingeridents(Generic Name) :<--------------------> Pazopanib
Tablets :<--------------------> 30 TABLETS
Package :<--------------------> 1X30
Strength :<--------------------> 200mg