Medicine Overview of Armotraz Tablet
Uses of Armotraz Tablet
Armotraz is a anticancer medication, which is indicated along with other treatment (surgery, radiation) and for treatment of early breast cancer who experienced menopause. The women got first treatment for breast cancer which has been spread within breast or other body areas is also used armotraz medication.
Armotraz 1mg is used for the treatment in women whose breast cancer got worsened by taking tamoxifen.
Side effects of Armotraz Tablet
The side effects caused by Armotraz 1mg as follows:
Serious side effects:
Common side effects:
Loss of energy
Nausea , vomiting, rash
How to use Armotraz Tablet
Armotraz recommended dose in adult is one tablet of 1mg, taken once a day,
Administrated orally with or without food
Patients having postmenopausal women with hormone receptor +ve in adjuvant treatment in early invasive breast cancer. Duration of treatment is 5 years.
In pediatric patients. The tablet is not recommended and no insufficient data on safety and efficacy.
How to Armotraz Tablet works:
Anastrazole is a anticancer drugs in which belongs to class of medication called nonsteriodal aromatase inhibitor. It acts by reducing the amount of estrogen in the body. This will block or slow the growth of many types of tumors which required for estrogen to grow.
Absorption: Completely and rapid absorbed from GI tract. Time to peak plasma concentration is 2hours.
Distribution: Bounding of human serum protein is 40%
Metabolism: In liver Anastrazole is metabolized through N- dealkylation, hydroxylation and glucuronidation.
Elimination: renal excretion is 10% of total clearance and radiolabeled Anastrazole is recovered via feces and urine is 85%.
Terminal elimination half life of Armotraz is 50 hours.
In Depth Information on Armotraz Tablet:
Expert Advice for Armotraz Tablets
- Make sure to inform your doctor about any another drugs which have been taking (including over-the-counter drugs, vitamins, or herbal remedies) piror to starting of Armotraz treatment,
- Armotraz combine with certain regimen. Make sure to inform your doctor if you are on treatment with these drugs
- Estrogen/estradiol-containing medications (commonly used for menopause and birth-control)
- Piror to starting of Armotraz treatment, make sure to inform your doctor about health conditions you have previously: cardiac conditions, bone weakness, and abnormal cholesterol.
- Discuss with your consultant that you have not had menopause yet (premenopausal).
- Tell your health care providers if you are pregnant or may be pregnant prior to starting this treatment. Anastrozole is pregnancy category X which is hazardous to the fetus.
- Anastrozole excretion into breast milk, the effect is unclear what side effect will be affect on babies. Inform the doctor if you are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed to their infants.
Special Warnings of Armotraz Tablets
Alcohol interaction with Armotraz 1mg is not known. Please consult the doctor.
Armotraz 1mg have pregnancy category x have described that animal or human studies shown fetal abnormalities and unsafe to use the drug during pregnancy clearly. Armotraz is contraindicated in pregnant women or to become pregnant.
Armotraz 1mg is excreted into breast milk taking account on this, discussion should done on whether to discontinue the breast feeding or the drug. Use of drug is contraindicated during breastfeeding. It is unclear the effect of new born babies.
Armotraz 1mg will affect the ability of driving due to its side effects. Avoid driving unless you feeling well.
Armotraz 1mg used with caution in patients with severe renal disease, dose adjustment is required and limited data is available on the tablets in mild, moderate kidney problem, no dose adjustment is necessary .Please consult doctor.
The patient with severe liver disease should Armotraz 1mg with caution. Limited information of the drug in mild to moderateliver disease. No dose adjustment is needed.Please consult with doctor.
If you missed a dose take it as soon as possible, if time reach for next dose, then skip missed dose and continue regular schedule. Do not take extra or 2 dose at a time. Please consult with doctor.
Amazing Review by Millionpharma
Write Your Own Review
Category: --------------------Anti-Cancer Drugs
Sub Category:-------------------- Anastrazole
Brand name:-------------------- Armotraz
Ingeridents(Generic Name) :-------------------- Anastrazole
Package:-------------------- 30 TABLETS/3x10
Strength :-------------------- 1mg