Medicine Overview of Soranib
Manufactured by Cipla Ltd
Soranib 200mg is a chemotherapeutic drug which contain Sorafenib Tosylate as active substance. Soranib is a prescription based on chemo drug, it should be dispense under knowledge of medical practioner. Do not discuss with others about the medicine, whomever may be suffering from same problem but it will not give effectiveness.
Uses of Soranib
- Soranib 200mg used to treat the hepatocellular carcinoma
- The Soranib 200mg tablet is used for the Treatment of advance renal cancer.
- Soranib 200mg is indicated to treat the patients with advanced carcinoma refractory to radioactive iodine (metastatic thyroid cancer)
Side effects of Soranib
Common Side Effects : Acne ; Dry skin ; Nausea ; Itching or rash skin ; Vomiting, ; Diarrhea ; Patchy hair thinning, ; Loss of appetite ; Stomach ache ; mouth dryness ; throat soreness ; Tiredness etc.
Serious Side Effects : Bloody stools ; Coughing up blood / vomit ; fast heart rate ; low concentration ; Chest heavy feeling ; Sudden weakness ; Increased blood pressure ; Severe skin problem; yellowing of the skin or eyes etc.
How to use Soranib
- Soranib recommended dose is 400 mg (2 x 200 mg tablets)
- Soranib administrated twice in a day on empty stomach (at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal).
- Treatment should continue till the patient is not clinically benefiting from therapy.
Overdosage : Soranib, incase suspected should be confidential and extra care should be taken. There is no particular treatment for Soranib overdose.
How to Soranib works
Soranib suppress the surface of cell and intracellular kinase to delay the growth of cancer cells. Soranib act as a biological treatment that is a protein kinase inhibitor. The protein kinase is an enzyme( chemical messenger). This enzyme enhance grow of tumour cells.
Soranib work as a multi kinase inhibitor, Since Soranib blocks protein kinase. Two way action by Soranib tablet in which firstly target the protein which normally help to grow malignant cells and on other hand it helps to stop cancer cells forming from new blood vessels.
Absorption: bioavailability of Soranib is 38-49% and the peak plasma level is 3 hours. It administrated without food.
Distribution: plasma protein binding is 99.5%
Metabolism: Soranib metabolized in liver by CYP3A4 and undergo oxidative metabolism and in glucuronidation by UGT1A9.
Elimination: Excreted within 14 days of 96% dose in oral administration. In feces 77% and in urine 19% as glucuronidated.
In Depth Information on Soranib
Expert Advice for Soranib
- Inform doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to Soranib or, any another drugs, or any of the ingredients in Soranib tablets.
- Inform the doctor if you have hepatic carcinoma and getting treatment with carboplatin and paclitaxel or gemcitabine and cisplatin . The doctor will prohibits not to take Sorafenib if you have lung cancer and you are getting these medications.
- Inform the doctor about the herbal supplements you are taking,
- Inform the doctor before taking Soranib that having high blood pressure, bleeding problems, chest discomfort, cardiac disease, kidney disease other than kidney cancer, or liver disease.
- While using this medicine, the fertility in men is decreased. So discuss with doctor about the risk of medicine
- Inform the doctor if you are breast-feeding or plan to breast-feed. Avoid breast-feed while on treatment with Soranib.
Special Warnings of Soranib
Alcohol interaction with Soranib 200mg is unknown. Please consult with the doctor.
Category D: Soranib 200mg can harm to an unborn baby and cause injury and even death to the unborn baby if you treatment during the 2nd and 3rd trimesters of pregnancy. if you are pregnant do not use the Soranib medicine without the knowledge of your doctor.
It is not known that this medicine passes into breast milk or could harm a new born baby. Do not use Soranib medication ,if your breast feeding.
While taking the drug during driving, it is safe and will not affect the ability of drive
Soranib 200 mg tablet is safe to use in patients with mild moderate kidney disease. No dosage adjustment required for patients. In patients with severe kidney disease limited use with caution.
No dosage adjustment required in patients with baseline mild liver disease. Avoid using of Soranib while patients with baseline severe hepatic impairment . Dose adjustment may be required. Please consult with your doctor
The drug dose is missed, then take the drug dose as soon as possible. If next dose time arrived then skip the missed dose and continue the routine schedule. Avoid taking extra dose or 2 dose at one time. Please consult your doctor for further clarification.
Amazing Review by Millionpharma
Write Your Own Review
Category: --------------------Anti-Cancer Drugs
Sub Category:-------------------- Sorafenib
Brand name:-------------------- Soranib
Ingeridents(Generic Name) :-------------------- Sorafenib
Package:-------------------- 120 tablets/1X120
Strength :-------------------- 200mg