Medicine Overview of Lenvima Tablet
Uses of Lenvima Tablet
Lenvima 4mg consist of kinase inhibitors which used to stop the action of an abnormal protein which require for signals cancer cells to reproduce and help to block the spread of cancer cells.
Lenvima 4mg is indicated for the treatment of thyroid cancer which cannot be treated with radioactive iodine.
Lenvima 4mg is also indicated by combined with everolimus to treat the advanced renal carcinoma in which other drugs failed to be effective.
Side effects of Lenvima Tablet
Some of the persons only experience the side effect listed and the side effect are prepared in terms of their onset and duration.
>30% occurring common side effects:
Inflammation in mouth
Loss of appetite
10-29% occurring common side effects:
Dental & oral infection
Urinary tract infection
How to use Lenvima Tablet
Dose for differentiated thyroid cancer
Daily prescribed dose is lenvima 24 mg, it administer by two 10mg and one 4 mg capsules taken orally, once in a day along with or without food.
Dose for the renal cell carcinomas
Daily prescribed dose is lenvima 18 mg, given as one 10mg capsule and two 4 mg capsules administrated in combination with 5mg everolimus orally taken once in a day with or without food.
Lenvima capsule should take at same time each day
Continue the drug till disease improvement.
Lenvima capsules should be swallowed whole.
The capsules can be dissolved in a small glass of liquid.
Measure 1 tablespoon of water or apple juice and put the capsules into the liquid without breaking or crushing them.
Leave the capsules in the liquid for at least 10 minutes.
Stir for at least 3 minutes. Drink the mixture.
After drinking, add the same amount (1 tablespoon) of water or apple juice to the glass.
Swirl the contents a few times and swallow the additional liquid.
OVERDOSAGE: Lenvima has no specific antidote for overdose. Since high plasma protein binding. Lenvima is not expected to be dialyzable. Seek the emergency medical department or call poison control helpline
How to Lenvima Tablet works:
Lenvima is a tyrosine kinase inhibitor which has shown mainly anti-angiogenic properties, and direct prevention of malignant developed was also observed inside the models. Lenvima which selectively prevents the kinase functions of vascular endothelial growth factor receptors 1(FLT1), 2 (KDR), 3 (FLT4),
Although not been studied directly with Lenvima, the mechanism of action (MOA) for High blood pressure is hypothesize to be resolve by the prevention of VEGFR2 in vascular endothelial cells.
Same as the , the action for proteinuria is hypothesize to be interfere with down regulation of VEGFR1 and VEGFR2 in the cell of bowmann’s capsules of the glomerulus.
Absorption: duration of peak plasma concentration is 1 to 4 hours post dose. Effect with food is low to the extent of absorption.
Distribution: Lenvima binding to human plasma proteins is 98% to 99%.
Metabolism: Lenvima is mainly metabolized in CYP3A. lenvima metabolic pathway is identified as enzymatic and non-enzymatic processes.
Elimination : Excreated via 64% feces and 25% urine,
In Depth Information on Lenvima Tablet:
Expert Advice for Lenvima Tablets
- Inform the doctor if you are allergic to lenvima, any other regimens, or any of the ingredients in lenvima capsules.
- Discuss with healthcare provision about other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Your doctor may to change the doses of your drugs or guide carefully for adverse reaction.
- Inform doctor if you have or had seizures, hypertension, a stroke, a heart attack, , especially those due to blood clots, a fistual, a tear in the wall of your GIT, QT interval prolongation (an irregular heart rhythm that can lead to fainting, loss of consciousness, seizures, or sudden death), low levels of Ca,K or Mg in your blood, bleeding problems, or cardiac, renal, or hepatic disease.
- Take into the knowledge that lenvima may reduce the fertility in men and women. It not means that you or your partner cannot become pregnant. Inform doctor before if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. After become pregnant, you should use birth control while treatment with lenvima and for at least 2 weeks after your treatment, become pregnant during lenvatinib therapy, call your doctor immediately. Lenvima may harm the fetus.
- Inform the doctor if you are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. Avoid breastfeed during lenvima treatment.
- blood pressure may rises while treatment with lenvima. Your doctor will preferably check your blood pressure during your treatment.
Special Warnings of Lenvima Tablets
Avoid alcohol during the treatment with lenvima 4mg capsule. Please consult with the doctor
When administrated to pregnant, lenvima 4mg drugs can cause harm to the fetal. There are no available human data related to drug associated risk. Advice pregnant women specific risk to fetus.
Its not known that drug is present in human milk. Excretion in human milk is unknown. Because of the serious side effects in infants from the drug, advice to avoid breast feeding during treatment with lenvima 4mg tablets..
Due to side effects of blurred vision and sleeping problem .avoid driving while taking lenvima 4mg tablets unless you feeling well.
Patients with mild to moderate kidney problem has no dosage adjustment. Patients with severe kidney problem, prescribed dose is 14mg in thyroid cancer and 10mg in renal cell cancer anyone taken orally once daily.
Patients with mild to moderate liver problem has no dosage adjustment. Patients with severe liver problem, prescribed dose is 14mg in thyroid cancer and 10mg in hepatic cancer anyone taken orally once daily
The drug dose is missed, then take the drug dose as soon as possible. If next dose time arrived then skip the missed dose and continue the routine schedule. Avoid taking extra dose or 2 dose at one time. Please consult your doctor for further clarification
Amazing Review by Millionpharma
Write Your Own Review
Category: --------------------Anti-Cancer Drugs
Sub Category:-------------------- Lenvatinib
Brand name:-------------------- Lenvima
Ingeridents(Generic Name) :-------------------- Lenavatinib
Package:-------------------- 20 capsules/1x20
Strength :-------------------- 4mg