Medicine Overview of Trustiva Tablet
Uses of Trustiva Tablet
Trustiva is used with combination of antiretroviral drug or alone medicine in adult and children 12yrs / >12yrs for the treatment of HIV-1 infection.
Side effects of Trustiva Tablet
Major effects: Lactic acidosis, severe hepatomegaly with steatosis
Renal effects: Nephritis, Nephrogenic, diabetes insipidus, renal failure
Gastro intestinal : less oxygen level, abdominal distention, diarrhea, dyspepsia, flatulence
Common effects: vertigo, fatigue, raised liver enzyme, athralgia,rhabdomyolysis, osteomalacia.
How to use Trustiva Tablet
Trustiva tablet administrated only at bedtime, one tablet orally in an empty stomach.
safety and efficacy of drug is not recommended at age <18yrs. Since it is fixed dose combination
How to Trustiva Tablet works:
An acyclic nucleoside phosphonate di ester associate of adenosine monophosphate is Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate (trustiva), that hydrolysed to Tenofovir, finally cellular enzymes phosphorylated to form Tenofovir diphosphate, an restrict chain terminator. Tenofovir involves with DNA synthesis of HIV through aggressive inhibition of reverse transcriptase and fusion into viral DNA. Tenofovir also prevents hepatitis B virus polymerase, resulting in blockage of viral replication.
A synthetic nucleoside coordinate of cytidine is called emtricitabine, that go via phosphorylation occurring in- vitro cell to emtricitabine 5'-triphosphate, then take part with deoxycytidine 5'-triphosphate and is incorporated into viral DNA which leads to chain termination. Emtricitabine activity against HIV-1, HIV-2 viruses and hepatitis B virus (HBV) while Efavirenz is an non nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor that fight against HIV-1 and stops HIV-1 replication and RNA & DNA dependent polymerase activities.
- Trustiva (Efavirenz) , bioavailabilty is 42% and PPC is 3-5hr.
- while In Trustiva (emtricitabine) , bioavailability is 93%(capsulel) and solution 75%, PPC is 1-2 hrs .
- Trustiva (Tenofovir) immediately absorbs from the GI tract, bioavailability is 25% approximately and time to peak plasma concentration (PPC) is 1-2hr..
- Trustiva (Efavirenz) is distributed in CSF, enter into breast milk and protein bound is 99%
- Trustiva (Tenofovir) volume of distribution is 1.2-1.3 L/kg and plasma protein binding is <1%,
- In Trustiva (Emtricitabine) independent of concentration and protein binding is <4%.
- Trustiva (Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate) ,that hydrolysed to Tenofovir, finally cellular enzymes phosphorylated to form Tenofovir diphosphate, an restrict chain terminator. In
- Trustiva (Emtricitabine) is limited metabolism.
- while in Trustiva( Efavirenz )mainly metabolized inCYP3A4 and CYP2B and isoenzyme to inactive hydroxyl metabolite.
- Trustiva ( Tenofovir) excreted through urine by active glomerular filtration and tubular secretion and half life is 18hr.
- Trustiva (Emtricitabine) eliminated highly unchanged in urine and low limit in faeces, half life is 10hr.
- In Trustiva ( Efavirenz) eliminated through urine(14-34%) and faeces is 16-61%
- terminal half life is 52-76hr(single dose) and 40-55hr (multiple dose).
In Depth Information on Trustiva Tablet:
Expert Advice for Trustiva Tablets
- Patient with hepatomegaly or other serious factors for liver disease, Renal impairment, Pregnancy.
- Patient Counseling: This drug may cause dizziness, if affected, do not drive or operate machinery.
- Monitoring Parameters: Check the renal function and serum phosphate concentrations before start of the treatment, 4 weekly during the 1st week, and then 3 monthly.
- Hepatic function for several months following discontinuation. Determine HIV status in all hepatitis B virus (HBV) infected patients before the treatment.
Special Warnings of Trustiva Tablets
Taking efavirenz with alcohol interaction may cause liver problem. While using Trustiva take precaution
Efavirenz has category D:Based on adverse effects by investigation and experience studies in humans a positive identification of human fetal risk is reported Tenofovir and Emtricitabine ( Trustiva) has category B: Animal studies have been developed adverse effect, but sufficient and well-tolerated studies in pregnant women which have failed to develop arisk to the fetus in all trimester in pregnancy.
Trustiva preferably safe to use during breast feeding. Limited information available for represent specific risk to the baby.
Avoid driving while on treatment with Trustiva because it will make you feel sleepy, tried or reduce alertness.
Patients with mild to moderate renal problem are preferably safe to use Trustiva tablet. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Trustiva Tablet may not be required in these patients. Please consult with your doctor.
Patients with mild to moderate hepatic problem are preferably safe to use Trustiva tablet. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Trustiva Tablet may not be required in these patients. Please consult with your doctor.
As soon as you remember take the missed dose. If time for next dose then skips the missed dose and follow the routine scheduled. Do not take more than one tablet per day. Please consult your doctor for changes in dose or new schedule for replace of missed dose.
Amazing Review by Millionpharma
Write Your Own Review
Brand Name : <--------------------> Trustiva
Category : <--------------------> HIV Drugs
Sub Category :<--------------------> Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate / Efavirenz/Emtricitabine
Company Name :<--------------------> Hetero Drugs Ltd.
Ingeridents(Generic Name) :<--------------------> Tenofovir Alafenamide/ Emtricitabine /Efavirenz
Dosage Form :<--------------------> 30 TABLETS
Package :<--------------------> 1X30
Strength :<--------------------> 300mg+200mg+600mg