Medicine Overview of Abirapro Tablet
Uses of Abirapro Tablet
Abirapro is mainly used with the combination with prednisone to treat the patients with suffering from;
- Metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC)
- Metastatic high – risk castration sensitive prostate cancer (CSPC)
Side effects of Abirapro Tablet
Side effects are more common in (>30% occurring)
- Groin pain
- Hot flashes
- Retention of fluid
- Triglycerides increased
- Increased liver enzyme
Serious side effects of Abirapro (10-29% occurring)
- Reduce appetite
- Blood in urine
- Painfull urination
- Swelling of joints
- Decreased potassium levels
- Swelling of hands/ feets
- Muscle discomfort
- Phosphorus level reduced
- Fast heartbeats
How to use Abirapro Tablet
- Prescribed dose of abirapro tablets is 1,000 mg, Xibra 250mg given 4 dose orally once in a day (OD).
- Abirapro tablets in Combination with prednisone 5 mg administered orally twice daily.
- Abirapro Tablets administrated on an empty stomach.
- No food should be consumed for at least 2 hours before and at least 1 hour after the dose of Abirapro Tablets is taken.
- Abirapro should be swallowed whole with water.
- Do not crush or chew the tablets.
OVERDOSAGE: Abirapro 250mg has no specific antidote, If overdose occurs stop the drug and provide general supportive measures such as monitoring arrhythmias and cardiac failure and assess liver function
How to Abirapro Tablet works:
A type of steroidal enzyme inhibitor CYP17A1 (17 alpha-hydroxylase/C17,20 lyase) is known as abirateron acetate which is an orally active and It interefere with CYP17A1 in a selective and invariable manner through covalent binding mechanism. An enzyme CYP17A1 which catalyzes the biosynthesis of androgen and is highly expressed in testicular, adrenal, and prostatic tumor tissue. Particularily , abiraterone prevents the conversion of 17-hydroxyprognenolone to dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) by the enzyme CYP17A1 to reduce serum levels of testosterone and other androgens.
Absorption: poorly absorbed and hydrolysis by esterases. Abirapro 250mg is a salt form, is a prodrug and have higher oral bioavailability. Time for peak plasma concentration is 1.5 – 4 hours. Food and high fat meals increases absorption.
Distribution: >99% protein bound to alpha – 1- acid glycoprotein and albumin
Metabolism : Abirapro by hydrolyzation and It is converted into active metabolite Abiraterone through esterases. CYP3A4 and SULT2A1 is metabolizes into two inactive metabolites called Abiraterone sulfate and N-oxide Abiraterone sulfate.
Elimination: excreted through feces (88%) and urine (5%). Terminal half life is 5-14hours.
In Depth Information on Abirapro Tablet:
Expert Advice for Abirapro Tablets
- Avoid taking another medications, i.e prescription, over-the-counter, vitamins, herbal remedies, etc be sure to inform the doctors before the treatment. Avoid aspirin administering and products containing aspirin till doctor particularily allow the drug
- While using this medicine, the fertility in men is decreased. So discuss with doctor about the risk of medicine
- Unknown process of Abirapro is eliminated in semen, hence do not use condom and another method of birth control by men during treatment and for 1 week following the last dose of abiraterone acetate.
- In women Abiraterone acetate is not currently used. so if abiraterone acetate is taken by woman, avoid getting pregnant and avoid breast feed during treatment.
Special Warnings of Abirapro Tablets
Abirapro 250mg interaction with alcohol is not known. Please consult with your doctor.
Category X: Abiraterone acetate is not recommended for womens, It will cause fetal harm when administered to pregnant women. During treatment if women become pregnant, immediately stop the drug and give counseling to the women.
Abirapro is not used in women, excretion in human milk is unknown and the drug effects in the nursing infant is unknown.
Abirapro 250mg tablet is safe while using on driving. It dose not usually affects your ability to drive.
Abirapro 250mg tablet is safe to use in patients with mild moderate kidney disease. No dosage adjustment required for patients. In patients with severe kidney disease limited use with caution.
No dosage adjustment required in patients with baseline mild liver disease. Avoid using of Abirapro 250mg while patients with baseline severe hepatic impairment . Dose adjustment may be required. Please consult with your doctor.
MISSED DOSAGE: The drug dose is missed, then take the drug dose as soon as possible. If next dose time arrived then skip the missed dose and continue the routine schedule. Avoid taking extra dose or 2 dose at one time. Please consult your doctor for further clarification.
Amazing Review by Millionpharma
Write Your Own Review
Brand Name : <--------------------> Abirapro
Category : <--------------------> Anti-Cancer Drugs
Sub Category :<--------------------> Abiraterone Acetate
Company Name :<--------------------> Cipla
Ingeridents(Generic Name) :<--------------------> Abiraterone acetate
Dosage Form :<--------------------> 120 tablets
Package :<--------------------> 1X120
Strength :<--------------------> 250mg