Medicine Overview of Sorafenat Tablet
Uses of Sorafenat Tablet
- Sorafenat 200mg used to treat the hepatocellular carcinoma
- The Sorafenat 200mg tablet is used for the Treatment of advance renal cancer.
- Sorafenat 200mg is indicated to treat the patients with advanced carcinoma refractory to radioactive iodine (metastatic thyroid cancer)
Side effects of Sorafenat Tablet
Common Side Effects : Acne ; Dry skin ; Nausea ; Itching or rash skin ; Vomiting, ; Diarrhea ; Patchy hair thinning, ; Loss of appetite ; Stomach ache ; mouth dryness ; throat soreness ; Tiredness etc.
Serious Side Effects : Bloody stools ; Coughing up blood / vomit ; fast heart rate ; low concentration ; Chest heavy feeling ; Sudden weakness ; Increased blood pressure ; Severe skin problem; yellowing of the skin or eyes etc.
How to use Sorafenat Tablet
- Sorafenat recommended dose is 400 mg (2 x 200 mg tablets)
- Sorafenat administrated twice in a day on empty stomach (at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal).
- Treatment should continue till the patient is not clinically benefiting from therapy.
Overdosage : sorafenat, incase suspected should be confidential and extra care should be taken. There is no particular treatment for Sorafenat overdose.
How to Sorafenat Tablet works:
Sorafenat suppress the surface of cell and intracellular kinase to delay the growth of cancer cells. Sorafenat act as a biological treatment that is a protein kinase inhibitor. The protein kinase is an enzyme( chemical messenger). This enzyme enhance grow of tumour cells.
Sorafenat work as a multi kinase inhibitor, Since Sorafenat blocks protein kinase. Two way action by sorafenat tablet in which firstly target the protein which normally help to grow malignant cells and on other hand it helps to stop cancer cells forming from new blood vessels.
Absorption: bioavailability of sorafenat is 38-49% and the peak plasma level is 3 hours. It administrated without food.
Distribution: plasma protein binding is 99.5%
Metabolism: Sorafenat metabolized in liver by CYP3A4 and undergo oxidative metabolism and in glucuronidation by UGT1A9.
Elimination: Excreted within 14 days of 96% dose in oral administration. In feces 77% and in urine 19% as glucuronidated.
In Depth Information on Sorafenat Tablet:
Expert Advice for Sorafenat Tablets
- Inform doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to sorafenat or, any another drugs, or any of the ingredients in Sorafenat tablets.
- Inform the doctor if you have hepatic carcinoma and getting treatment with carboplatin and paclitaxel or gemcitabine and cisplatin . The doctor will prohibits not to take Sorafenib if you have lung cancer and you are rgetting these medications.
- Inform the doctor about the herbal supplements you are taking,
- Inform the doctor before taking Sorafenat that having high blood pressure, bleeding problems, chest discomfort, cardiac disease, kidney disease other than kidney cancer, or liver disease.
- While using this medicine, the fertility in men is decreased. So discuss with doctor about the risk of medicine
- Inform the doctor if you are breast-feeding or plan to breast-feed. Avoid breast-feed while on treatment with Sorafenat.
Special Warnings of Sorafenat Tablets
Alcohol interaction is unknown. Please consult with the doctor.
Category D: Sorafenat can harm to an unborn baby and cause injury and even death to the unborn baby if you treatment during the 2nd and 3rd trimesters of pregnancy. if you are pregnant do not use the Sorafenat medicine without the knowledge of your doctor.
It is not known that this medicine passes into breast milk or could harm a new born baby. Do not use Sorafenat medication ,if your breast feeding.
While taking the Sorafenat 200mg during driving, it is safe and will not affect the ability of drive
Sorafenat 200 mg tablet is safe to use in patients with mild moderate kidney disease. No dosage adjustment required for patients. In patients with severe kidney disease limited use with caution.
No dosage adjustment required in patients with baseline mild liver disease. Avoid using of Sorafenat while patients with baseline severe hepatic impairment . Dose adjustment may be required. Please consult with your doctor
The drug dose is missed, then take the drug dose as soon as possible. If next dose time arrived then skip the missed dose and continue the routine schedule. Avoid taking extra dose or 2 dose at one time. Please consult your doctor for further clarification.
Amazing Review by Millionpharma
Write Your Own Review
Brand Name : <--------------------> Sorafenat
Category : <--------------------> Anti-Cancer Drugs
Sub Category :<--------------------> Sorafenib
Company Name :<--------------------> Natco pharma Ltd
Ingeridents(Generic Name) :<--------------------> Sorafenib
Dosage Form :<--------------------> 120 tablets
Package :<--------------------> 1X120
Strength :<--------------------> 200mg