Medicine Overview of NatDac Tablet
Uses of NatDac Tablet
Natdac 60mg belongs to antiviral medication called hepatitis C virus NS5A inhibitors.
Natdac 60mg along with combination of another antiviral medication (Sofosbuvir) is indicated for the treatment of an ongoing viral infection which damage liver called chronic hepatitis C virus.
Natdac 60mg acts by stopping the virus (an cause of hepatitis C) from spreading inside the body. Unknown action of Natdac whether it prevent the spread of HCV to other people.
Side effects of NatDac Tablet
When your administrated with Natdac 60mg along with combination of Sofosbuvir and amiodarone, these combination leads to serious side effects such as low heartbeat; pain in chest or dyspnae; lightheadedness, If you suffer from this then get urgent medical help.
Low serious side effects:
Normal ill feeling
Common side effects:
Feeling very weak
How to use NatDac Tablet
The doctor prescribe the Natdac 60mg based on age, past medical history and current status of diagnosis.
Natdac 60mg combination with Sofosbuvir the dose recommended is one tablet of 60mg taken once in a day by oral route with or without food. Duration of treatment – 12weeks
Modification of dose : Reduce 30mg OD for strong CYP3A leads no Dose reduction. Increase dose to 90mg OD with moderate CYP3A leads to contraindicated.
For genotype 1 or 4 : treatment with daclatasvir +ribavirin+ peg IFN for 12 weeks
For genotype 2 : treatment with daclatasvir + ribavirin for 12 weeks
For genotype 3: treatment with daclatasvir + ribavirin (without interferon) for 24 weeks.
OVERDOSAGE: Natdac 60mg overdose has no particular antidote. Treatment will consist of supportive measures, involving monitoring of vitals and patient clinical status observation
How to NatDac Tablet works:
If a person is affected by hepatitis C virus, it targeted the liver and an inflammation occurs in liver called as hepatitis. The virus expanded and remains in the body, by this the liver is damaged. Daclatasvir links the hepatitis C virus, prevents multiple steps in the multiplication process of the HCV. This inhibits the virus particles from regrowing themselves and allowing the body to remove the virus from the blood.
- Absorption: Poor absorption, peak plasma concentration is 2 hours post dose and bioavailability is 67%
- Distribution: while multiple dosing, plasma protein binding is 99%, on dialysis it significantly decrease the plasma binding and vol of distribution is 47L
- Metabolism: Daclatasvir is primarily metabolized through CYP3A4
- Elimination: Daclatasvir excreted through feces of (88%,53% unchanged) ; urine (6.6% primarily unchanged).
Terminal half life elimination is 12 – 15 hours.
In Depth Information on NatDac Tablet:
Expert Advice for NatDac Tablets
- If you are suffered from any kind of liver problems such as liver transplant or liver cancer other than hepatitis C or heart disease. Tell your doctor about your condition
- Inform your doctor If you are allergic to daclatasvir or have any other allergies before using the medicine. It may composed of inactive ingredients, that can be cause allergic problems or other reaction. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
- Especially if you have kidney disease, liver disease other than hepatitis C, inform your consultant about past medical history before having Natdac 60MG
- Drugs should given with prescription only, without prescription drugs should not be issued
Planning for pregnancy or pregnant or breastfeeding, inform your doctor about the treatment of Natdac 60mg pirorily.
Special Warnings of NatDac Tablets
There is no data available for Natdac 60mg. Please consult your doctor
Pregnancy category for Natdac 60mg is not predicted, When oral dose the animal studies have failed to explain the signs of fetal harm. There are no controlled data in human pregnancy. This drug should use with combination of other antiviral drug. Use of ribavirin containing regimen is contraindicated in pregnant women and the male partner. For some authorities, this drug should avoid during pregnancy.
Low amount of this drug in breast milk as Natdac 60mg is highly bound to maternal plasma protein, If the drug require for the feeding mother and it is not a reason for discontinue breastfeeding, If the drug using with ribavirin avoid breast feeding.
While taking Natdac 60mg you will feel dizziness, difficulty in concentrating and vision problem this may affect your driving. So avoid driving till you feeling well.
Natdac 60mg has no dosage adjustment recommended with renal dysfunction. Please consult with your doctor
Mild, moderate or severe liver dysfunction has no dose adjustment recommended in Natdac 60mg. Please consult with your doctor.
As soon as you remember take the missed dose. If time for next dose then skips the missed dose and follow the routine scheduled. Do not take more than one tablet per day. Please consult your doctor for further details.
Amazing Review by Millionpharma
Write Your Own Review
Brand Name : <--------------------> NatDac
Category : <--------------------> Hepatitis Drugs
Sub Category :<--------------------> Daclatasvir
Company Name :<--------------------> Natco
Ingeridents(Generic Name) :<--------------------> Daclatasvir
Tablets :<--------------------> 28 Tablets
Package :<--------------------> 3x28
Strength :<--------------------> 60 mg